Thursday, October 25, 2007
Motherhood
Today my kids woke me up before I was ready to be awake. I was tired and felt instantly crumpy. I told MaKyra she could get her own cereal because I was going to sleep longer. She complained a little and left. I laid in bed frustrated about being woke up and irritated the kids were being so loud. All that changed when I heard Kyra say, "Gabe, what cereal do you want?" I heard her pour the cereal and milk. She carried the bowls to the table. Then she said, "Gabe, can you say the prayer?" She helped him through the prayer and they ate. My whole attitude changed. What great kids! It was just one of those moments I wanted to hold on to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What an AWESOME MOMENT! My kids are all too young for that--but I am so looking forward to a morning like you had--
What a great girl!
How cute! I don't really know Makyra but it made me want to cry. How sweet is that. What simple faith they have. Children are amazing examples!
Post a Comment