Monday, July 30, 2007

The Next Good Book


And Harry Potter comes to an end. I spend my Monday and Tuesday speed-reading to find out if Harry would live or die. To any who don't know the ending, you won't find it here. Though I will say I loved the book. I am not an obsessed fan that reads and rereads the books before each new book or movie, but I am a big enough fan to blog about it. I have had a terrible cold and Harry provided the relief I was searching. My mom was also sick those days and I told her the remedy was Harry Potter. I was so concerned about his life I was completely oblivious to my own ailments.

The end of Harry Potter leaves me searching for my next good read. I have read Eragon and Eldest, just finished the Women of Genesis (waiting on more to come), have most LDS series, Orson Scott Card books and a lot more. What is next? I don't know. I have a list of must reads. I guess I could look there. I would like to read another series, but I don't like waiting every year for a new book. I want a series that is close to completion. I might read the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency books.

2 comments:

Daybells said...

Hey, can I read it when I am in Idaho? I still need to read 6, so I will complete that before I come. Love ya. Dev

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

My sister has told me about a book called "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin. Then she has also written "Something Blue" and "Baby Proof". She said she really liked Something Borrowed. Then another friend of mine wants me to read this book called "Confessions of a Shopaholic". The same author who wrote the Shopaholic books has like 7-8 other books she has written too. So if want to make a stop at Barnes and Noble, I know they have them there because I almost bought them, but Chad said that I had to finish Harry Potter first. If you do read any of them, let me know what you think.