Monday, March 30, 2009

Parker has been ready to potty train for quite awhile now but with four kids and a busy schedule I didn't know how to do it. My cousin, Kendra told me to try this book.
I had tried this method with Gabe but for several reasons this method just didn't work with him. I decided to give it a try. I didn't think for one second that it would actually work. I read the book for about a week and got the supplies I would need and got all ready. Matt took the kids to my parents house so Parker and I could be alone. We worked very hard and it took a whole SIX hours for him to be potty trained. When I say potty trained I mean going to the potty by himself, emptying the potty chair pot into the toilet and flushing. Yeah!!!! He didn't have any accidents for 7 days and then had two days of wetting his pants Friday and Saturday. Ahh. I talked to my cousin and she said that happens to most kids - almost like they are testing to see if we will follow through with our part. He hasn't had an accident since Saturday afternoon. I am so excited to have it done. I am so proud of him. Anyways this is a picture of Parker after his hard potty training day. He worked so hard and was just so tired he fell asleep watching Kung Fu Panda.



5 comments:

Robin and Stephenie said...

where did you get this book. I need it! Or I could send Kenidee to your house and you could potty train her.

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Okay, that lasta picture of him is hilarious. But yay for both of you! Potty training is such a pain, but totally worth it in the end.
AND lovin' the new hair cut too. She looks adorable. Only a few people can actually pull it off and she is one of them!

Woolstenhulme-4-ever said...

I did not read this book because Kendra did not have it but she told me about it and I did it with Haddie. It was awesome and I totally worked in one day!

Whitney Seaberg said...

That's awesome he fell asleep poor kid! So tired out. Glad it worked for you. I am totally doing this with Tyler. I wanted to do it before the baby comes and I still might but he will be less than 15 months old and I don't know if it will work. But if I don't try it then, then I am going to when he is around 18mths. My Mom used this method with all 4 of us kids and we were all potty trained by 19mths and she potty trained Kelly at 16 mths. So it is tried and true :)

Whitney Seaberg said...

will you have courtney add me to her invite list to read her blog if she will? jermandwhit@gmail.com
Thanks :)