Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Do you love Edward Cullen?


I went to a Vampire party on Saturday for anyone who loves Edward. For those who don't know who Edward is - read the book Twilight. It was so much fun. Our host, Nanette, had us share our confessions of reading the book. Did we neglect our children? What lengths did we go to inorder to read the three books? It was really great to hear everyone's stories. Mine is simply reading all night only to be extremely grumpy to my family the next day. We played a quiz game and I did horribly. I must not be the fan I thought I was. I only got one question right. Oh well, my team one anyway. The best is my friend made us all a list of what our husbands should be saying to us. They were quotes from Edward through the three books. I won't post all of them but some of my favorites are:

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world."

"The outside world holds no interest for me without you."

"As if there were any way that I could exist without needing you!"

"Do you really have any idea how important you are to me? Any concept at all of how much I love you? Let me attempt to explain how I feel about you." (A husband should then list all of the wife's good qualities.)

Thank you Stephanie Meyer for creating such a great story - romance, action, and great writing.

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That darn book again! EVERYONE I talk to has read it...EXCEPT ME!!! I have GOT to get going on it...

The Moss Family said...

Thanks for your comment on our blog. Your kids are adorable and I can't believe your hair is so long. I've been wanting to read this book too. Is this the first in the series? I saw them at walmart today, but wasn't sure which book to start with.

Robin and Stephenie said...

My husband told me when I was on the third book...Steph why don't you just read today dont worry about anything else... I thought dang how sweet is he. then I realized He just wanted me to be done with the darn books so he could have his wife back and maybe kenidee would be dressed when he got home from work. He was wanting real dinner instead of pb&j and chips. I can't wait for the next one to come out. I might have to go away for the weekend to read it with no distractions. :)

Jen said...

Okay, the party was great. Thanks for sharing the fun on your blog...do you know how I can get a hold of the girl that wore that awesome sweat shirt and t-shirt?

Kristin and Jay said...

OK so since EVERYONE I know LOVES these books, I have made it a goal to read them. Jay might be mad at you though, since when I get reading I do absolutely nothing else when I'm hooked!

Anonymous said...

I'm guilty too... minor neglet once in awhile can't do any MAJOR damage, right? My sister says if you go onto the author's web site she has alternate endings and more cool stuff to keep us entertained until the next one comes out!